For the price I paid (nearly $300/night), I expected much more.
First, the good stuff:
- Very nice location. That's why I booked it in the first place.
- Very spacious. There's very little in the apartment but after being couped up in an Amsterdam hotel for 2 days, this was a great change.
- Check-in was a breeze. We got a code and it was easy to use.
Now the bad:
- The apartment was obviously not cleaned well. There were bread crumbs on the dining table, crumbs on the carpet and stains on the sofa and **towels**!
- Despite booking for 2 adults and 2 kids, we only got 2 sets of towels. I called them and they claimed I booked for 2 people. I have the expedia entry that says otherwise. Kids need towels too!! They told me they will call me back but they never did.
- Hot water ran out only after a 5-min shower. We had to wait in turns until the water heated up to take showers.
- Water pressure is uneven in many faucets. On some, water just trickles.
- Summer season visitors, beware. There's no AC (see another review which points to the same problem).
- I kid you not. About 1 hour after we checked in, a repair guy showed up and said he came to check on a few things. We had luggage lying around and everything. Should that not be done in between stays? He replaced a bulb, unclogged a bath drain and checked on the water heater. While I was grateful, it was a very odd experience.
Overall, I would not recommend. It is places like this that make me want to stay in hotels